We’re looking for bright people.
Let your creative energy shine.
At Carve, it’s fast-paced but casual. We collaborate, congratulate and celebrate. Everyone has input, learns something new and is encouraged to share.
Our management believes in providing a comfortable workplace where people feel valued and challenged. We make our work hours flexible, our compensation fair and we give new employees over 3 weeks of paid vacation to start.
In 2015, we invested in automated sit/stand work stations throughout the agency to get everyone on their feet more often (yeh, it’s a small thing, but getting the blood flowing gets the creative juices flowing, too).
We think you’ll like working here – and the people you work with. Check out our available career postings (below) and tell us about yourself. If you’re the kind of person who can light up the room with great ideas, or simply know how to brighten someone’s day, you’ll fit right in.
We have a desk with your name on it.
Web Developer – Front End
Posted March 7, 2017
We’re looking for a superb, Front End Web Developer to join our team.
Carve Creative + Strategy is one of Waterloo’s top creative boutiques, bringing traditional and digital marketing strategies together to build brands and grow businesses. Our office in uptown Waterloo is close to trendy shops, cafés and restaurants, with a new ION LRT stop right at our front door.
- we offer a variety of cool projects, every day, allowing you to work on established brands through to interesting start-ups
- work with a talented group of people who you’ll learn from and enjoy working with
- we respect you and your time
- we’re always good about acknowledging and celebrating your achievements
- 3-5 years of web development experience.
- High proficiency with:
- coding semantic HTML5/CSS3.
- commonly used frameworks, such as Bootstrap and Foundation, as well as CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS.
- responsive design techniques, including the ability to intuit best small-screen layout solutions based on desktop-sized mock-ups.
- PHP and WordPress infrastructure, including the ability to create custom themes and plugins unassisted.
- Comfortable with object-oriented design principles and methodologies.
- Strong command of web standards, progressive enhancement and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with source control repositories (Git in particular).
- Experience with templating engines such as Smarty or Handlebars.
- Knowledge and awareness of Search Engine Optimization best practices and needs.
- Comfortable working with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Understand and respect user experience
- High level knowledge of web design best practices, interaction design principles, and an eye for good UI/UX design
You will also:
- participate in developing digital marketing campaigns
- develop HTML-based email campaigns
- set up and manage email lists (e.g. in MailChimp)
- be quality focused
- be good at maintaining accurate time-sheets on your projects, and keeping well-organized files
Send us your resume and a few links to sites you have recently developed.